|Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil|
|Released||April 29, 2011|
|Written by|| Cory Edwards|
|Directed by||Mike Disa|
|Starring|| Hayden Panettiere|
N / A
The film was written by Cory Edwards, Todd Edwards, and Tony Leech, who also wrote the previous Hoodwinked! movie. Even though the film hasn't been released yet, Burger King previously provided toys for the movie.
Originally, the movie was to be released in January 2010. However, Box Office Mojo has announced that the film has been rescheduled for release on April 29, 2011, indicating the dispute must have been cleared recently. In 2011, the Weinstein Company released a teaser trailer on their YouTube channel.
6 years after the events of Hoodwinked!, Wolf (Patrick Warburton), Granny (Glenn Close), and Twitchy (Cory Edwards) are on a rescue mission to save Hansel and Gretel (Bill Hader and Amy Poehler) from an evil witch named Verushka (Joan Cusack). The plan goes wrong however and Granny is kidnapped as well. Meanwhile, Red (Hayden Panettiere) is in training with a mysterious group called the Sisters of the Hood where she learns that a secret all powerful truffle recipe has been stolen. She is assigned by detective Nicky Flippers (David Ogden Stiers) with Wolf and Twitchy to find the recipe and save her grandma.
While getting info at the Giant's (Brad Garrett) nightclub and interrogating his harp, Red and company learn that an incarcerated Boingo the Bunny (Andy Dick) has been having specific ingredients sent to Verushka, (who was also at the prison and narrowly escapes the team.) Red and Wolf argue over who let her get away and the team split up. Meanwhile, Verushka, who stole the truffle recipe, tries to force Granny into making it for her. Granny escapes and finds Hansel and Gretel, but learns that they are actually the masterminds behind the plot. Granny is recaptured and learns that Verushka was an old classmate of hers when they were both in training with the Sisters of the Hood; Verushka was always second best behind Granny's accomplishments and grew jealous of her and teamed up with Hansel and Gretel to get revenge.
After some convincing by Twitchy, Wolf decides to go apologize to Red, but is encountered by The Three Pigs (Cheech Marin, Tommy Chong, and Phil LaMarr) and barely manage to escape. They make it back to HQ to find it abandoned and damaged by Verushka's pig henchmen. On their way to the witch's lair, Wolf and Twitchy rescue Red, who was caught after trying to sneak in first. The two make up and infiltrate Hansel and Gretel's base with help from Kirk the Woodsman (Martin Short) and his yodeling troupe. Red accidentally reveals the final ingredient for the truffle recipe, macadamia nuts, and the truffles are made.
Hansel and Gretel eat the truffles transforming into giants and go on a rampage through the city. They betray Verushka, leaving her to be eaten by a giant spider with the rest and Granny convinces her to join forces with her, Red, Wolf, and Twitchy. They trick Hansel and Gretel into eating more truffles which make them so obese that they can no longer move their arms and legs, before the two are arrested. Nicky recruits the team for another mission and the film ends with Red, Wolf and Twitchy riding off.
- Hayden Panettiere as Red Puckett, the main protagonist.
- Glenn Close as Granny Puckett, the deuteragonist.
- Patrick Warburton as Wolf W. Wolf, the tritagonist.
- Cory Edwards as Twitchy Squirrel, the secondary tritagonist.
- Martin Short as Kirk Kirkendall, one of the main protagonists.
- Bill Hader and Amy Poehler as Hansel and Gretel, the hidden main and true antagonists.
- Joan Cusack as Verushka, the secondary antagonist.
- Cheech Marin, Chong, and Phil LaMarr as the Three Little Hench Pigs, the tertiary antagonists.
- Andy Dick as Boingo, the fourth antagonist.
- Anne Hathaway and Jim Belushi did not reprise their roles as Red and Kirk, so Hayden Panettiere and Martin Short filled in for them.
- The film was originally going to be released in 2010, but as announced by Box Office Mojo, it was pushed back to 2011.
- Even though Martin Short and Phil LaMarr voice Kirk, Ernesto, and Wood in the film, Wayne Knight, Jeremy Konner, Rob Paulsen were once rumored to voice the characters.
- Hoodwinked 3 is rumored to be made, but it is not solid proof.